Join us for a Hogwarts themed weekend at Ellesmere College in North Shropshire.
The North Wales team have developed the spell for the weekend and it is now maturing – it will be excellent fun and outstanding value for money with something for everyone.
There are “Harry Potter” Wizard packages for those staying at Ellesmere College and “Muggle” packages for those that wish to make their own accom arrangements.
All of the accom at the school is in twin bedded rooms with ensuite facilities.
The ingredients for our spell are
Muggles Orientation Evening for those that wish to make a long weekend of it and avoid the Friday traffic.
• Pre-dinner drinks @ The Vault, Ellesmere
• Curry Night at the school
• Exeats will be available to visit the White Hart Inn or relax in the Wizard Bar @ Ravenclaw
Knight Bus Magical Mystery Tour in a 1961 Tiger Cub bus.
• Goblin Workshop where you can see various metalworking demonstrations and artwork
• North Shropshire Craft Brewery
• Leaky Cauldron for lunch
• Afternoon Tea with sparkling wine
Welcome to Hogsmere
• Potions Class – enjoy some wizard and muggle drinks to steady your nerves before being sorted
• Sorting Ceremony – find out which house the sorting hat has put you in! Also an opportunity to wear your wizard school clothes.
• Sorting Feast – get you know your fellow house members over dinner
• Wizard Bar @ Ravenclaw – enjoy the Senate refreshments
Saturday Activities – a relaxed day where you can mix and match to suit your interests (see timetable).
• Meet a variety of birds of prey up close, learn about their husbandry & have a go at interactive bird flying
• See how good you are at archery
• Try your hand at air pistol target shooting
• Guided tour of Ellesmere
• Cocktail Making Masterclasses by www.thewonderbar.co.uk
• Wand Making & Origami
• Treasure Hunt
• Visit a second local craft brewery
• Play golf on the school’s 9 hole course
• Hog Roast
• Birds of Prey Display by www.kingsleyfalconry.co.uk .
Wizards’ Dinner in the Great Hall when you can wear your dress robes.
• Potions Class sponsored by Maralyn Long and Concept Catering – enjoy various cocktails specially developed for the night by www.thewonderbar.co.uk
• Wizard Dinner complete with the usual entertainments and some surprises
• Wizard Bar @ Ravenclaw
• Visit the historical Ellesmere Canal Maintenance Yard where you can see behind the scenes of historic grade II* buildings that are not normally open to the public.
• Leaving Feast – a farewell lunch at The Boathouse, Ellesmere www.ellesmereboathouse.co.uk with its beautiful views of The Mere and a heron watch www.heronwatch.org.uk before you wend your way home
• After lunch have a walk round the Mere enjoying its wildlife and nature.
There may even be a North Wales post tour organised for foreign guests!
Those with a caravan or motor home can stay at the award winning Birch Hill CL site owned by Senator #64388. Mereside Farm is also a good place to stay if you do not fancy the school.
As always from the North Wales team this will be an ALL INCLUSIVE weekend
Online booking has now closed please contact Peter for new booking enquiries